- Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters – Children's Book Council
- Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama – review
Article Information Volume: issue: 2, page s : Article first published online: November 9, ; Issue published: April 1, Barack Obama , Loren Long. First Page.
Sign Out. Email required Password required Remember me Forgotten your password? Need to activate? Institutional Access does not have access to this content.
Open Athens. Purchase Content 24 hours online access to download content. Subscribe to this journal. Recommend to your library. Rent with DeepDyve.
Rent Article. Your Access Options.
- La Francia dal primo impero al 1871 Volume I (Italian Edition).
- Puer natus est nobis - Score.
- Christian Books Bibles Gifts Movies Music and More.
- Search Options!
- One for sorrow (Romance & relationships, frustrations & family life - with a dash of crime & murder);
Forgotten your password? Article available in:.
Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters – Children's Book Council
It has a print run of , and the proceeds will be donated to helping families of injured military personnel. Subtitled A Letter to My Daughters, the book features 13 of his American heroes, from George Washington who "helped make an idea into a new country, strong and true"; to Sitting Bull for healing "broken hearts and broken promises"; to Maya Lin, the artist who designed the Vietnam Veterans Memorial; and singer Billie Holiday. Each double-page spread is laid out in a very particular manner. On the left-hand side Obama asks his daughters Malia and Sasha a question, such as, in the case of the Georgia O'Keeffe spread, "have I told you that you are creative?
Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama – review
The opposite page shows O'Keeffe as an adult, painting a huge, swirling flower canvas. The text reads: "She helped us see big beauty in what is small: the hardness of stone and the softness of feather. All the historical figures are treated in the same way, which is a shame as most children are curious creatures. It might have been better to include more biographical information on them in the pages, although parents can go to the back and read it there. Random House. The Daily Telegraph.
ABC News. Obama out with kids book".
- Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama, illustrated by Loren Long?
- Publisher Description.
- Carving A Pumpkin (the art of).
- Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters (Unabridged) on Apple Books.
- The New York Nobody Knows: Walking 6,000 Miles in the City;
Associated Press. Obama actually wrote Of Thee I Sing in , after he was elected but before taking office. Children's literature portal. Barack Obama. Senator from Illinois — Illinois Senator from the 13th district —